E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

An E-1 is a non-immigrant visa that allows a foreign national to come to the United States to carry on substantial trade which is international in scope principally between the United States and the foreign national’s country of origin.  The E-1 visa is also extended to key employees, whose services are essential to the efficient operation of the enterprise.  In order to qualify, the foreign national must be a national of a country with which the U.S. maintains a treaty of friendship, commerce, and navigation, or other agreements such as NAFTA, which includes Canada and Mexico.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

  • If you would like to establish a business in the United States that will carry the international trade, we can advise you on the possibilities of opening it.  We will also advise you on the required steps in order to meet the E-1 requirements.
  • If you currently hold an E-1 visa, we can help you in filing for an extension, filing for a change of status, and/or reviewing the possibility of filing for adjustment of status to permanent resident.
  • If you do not qualify for an E-1 visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine if there are any other visas for which you may be eligible.