L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa

The L-1 is a non-immigrant visa that allows executives or employees with specialized skills to be temporarily transferred to the United States to perform services for a U.S. branch of a foreign company.  The U.S. branch can be a newly created entity or an already existing one.  In general terms, the companies abroad and in the U.S. must meet certain qualifying requirements in order to sponsor an L-1 non-immigrant visa worker, who in turn must also meet certain requirements of his/her own.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

  • If you own a company abroad, we can advise you on the possibilities of opening a subsidiary in the United States.  We will advise you on the required documents needed from the company abroad and the U.S. company in order to meet the L-1 requirements.
  • If you currently hold an L-1 visa, we can help you in filing for an extension and/or filing for a change of status.
  • If you currently hold an L-1A visa (multinational executive), we can review your case and advise you on whether you may file for adjustment of status to permanent resident.
  • If you do not qualify for an L-1 visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine if there are any other visas for which you may be eligible.