P-1 Athlete and Entertainer Visa

A P-1 is a non-immigrant visa that allows entertainers, circus artists, and athletes to come to the United States temporarily to perform in either a competition, event, or performance.  The athletes must be internationally recognized and the entertainers  must be members of a foreign-based entertainment group that has been recognized internationally as being outstanding in the discipline for a sustained and substantial period of time.  A U.S. employer must file the P-1 petition.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

  • If you are a U.S. employer about to hire a foreign worker, or if you are a foreign worker, who was hired by a U.S. employer, we can make sure that all eligibility requirements set by the USCIS for filing a P-1 visa are met.
  • If you currently hold a P-1 visa, we can help you in filing for an extension, filing for a change of status, and/or reviewing the possibility of filing for adjustment of status to U.S. permanent resident.