Trade NAFTA Professional Visa

The TN is a non-immigrant visa that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ a national of Canada or Mexico only in certain professional occupations.  The TN visa is employer specific allowing the foreign worker to only work for the employer for which the visa was granted.  In cases where the foreign worker finds another employer, a change of employer petition must be filed.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

  • If you are a U.S. employer about to hire a Canadian or Mexican national, or if you are a Canadian or Mexican national, who was hired by a U.S. employer, we can make sure that all eligibility requirements are met for a TN visa.
  • If you currently hold a TN visa, we can help you in filing for an extension and/or filing for a change of employer.
  • Since a TN visa holder may not adjust his/her status to permanent resident, we will advise you on the options available to you in order to be able to adjust your status.
  • If you do not qualify for a TN visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine if there are any other visas for which you may be eligible.