Religious Workers

An EB-4 is an immigrant visa or green card for eligible foreign workers who want to emigrate to the United States to perform duties of a religious worker.  Not all religious workers who are eligible for an R-1 visa or who currently hold R-1 status are eligible for an EB-4 immigrant visa.  The religious worker must prove that he/she has been a member for at least 2 years, of a religious denomination having a bona fide, nonprofit, religious organization in the United States, and that he/she is coming to the United States to work full time in a compensated position to carry his or her vocation.


Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

  • Establishing eligibility for an EB-4 immigrant visa or green card can be a challenge, we will make sure that all eligibility requirements are met and that the petition is well presented.
  • If you do not qualify for an EB-4 immigrant visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine what other options may be available to you.