E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

An E-2 is a non-immigrant visa that allows a foreign investor to come to the United States to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise, in which he/she has invested or is actively in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.  The visa is also extended to key employees, whose services are essential to the efficient operation of the enterprise.  In order to qualify, the foreign investor must be a national of a country with which the U.S. maintains a Bilateral Investment Treaty, or other agreements such as NAFTA, which includes Canada and Mexico.

Our immigration law office can help you with the following:

  • If you would like to invest in the United States, we can advise you on the possibilities of opening an enterprise in the United States.  We will also advise you on the required steps in order to meet the E-2 requirements.
  • If you currently hold an E-2 visa, we can help you in filing for an extension and/or filing for a change of status, and/or reviewing the possibility of filing for adjustment of status to permanent resident.
  • If you do not qualify for an E-2 visa, we can discuss your particular situation and determine if there are any other visas for which you may be eligible.