Visa for Fiancé(e)s of U.S. Citizens (K-1 Visa)

To schedule your consultation for help obtaining a visa for your fiancé(e), please contact us at 954.241.4209.

The K-1 nonimmigrant visa is also known as the fiancé visa. A U.S. citizen may petition for this visa on behalf of their fiancé (male) or fiancée (female). Although a K-1 visa is a temporary visa, it can pave the way to obtaining a green card.

Obtaining a K-1 fiancé(e) visa requires mutual intent to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the U.S. with this visa. Additionally, the U.S. citizen and his or her fiancé(e) must establish that they will marry with the intention of establishing a life together. This means that both the citizen and the visa holder must have a “bona fide intent” to pursue and establish a life together. A “bona fide intent” does not include marriage for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit. 

To help ensure your K-1 visa petition meets legal standards, it is a good idea to talk to an immigration lawyer. The immigration and nationality attorneys of The Law Offices of Robert M. Bell, P.A. are experienced in helping engaged couples obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e)s. We will work with you throughout your application process. 

Get Help With U.S. Immigration Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

As immigration lawyers with expansive knowledge in obtaining K-1 nonimmigrant visas for fiancé(e)s, we will accurately complete application forms to submit with supporting documents. Any mistakes can lead to undue delays or denial. Here are some of the forms you may need to file to obtain your visa for fiancé(e)s:

  • U.S. Immigration Form I-129F “Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)”. This form is the first step in obtaining your K-1 nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e)s. The U.S. citizen will file this form on behalf of the fiancé(e).
  • U.S. Immigration Form I-601 “Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.” This form is only applicable if there are waivable grounds of inadmissibility.
  • U.S. Immigration Form I-134 “Affidavit of Support.” This form may be necessary to prove that your fiancé(e) will not need to rely on U.S. government financial resources.  
  • U.S. Immigration Form DS-160 “Nonimmigrant Visa Application.” This form must be submitted for all nonimmigrant visas, including the K-1 nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e)s.

While many of these forms will be useful to you in pursuing a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e), it is important to realize that every situation is unique. The best way to ensure you comply with the law and avoid costly mistakes is to work with a seasoned immigration attorney. Also, keep in mind that K-1 visas for fiancé(e) expire after 90 days and that you will need to fill out additional paperwork once you and your spouse are married.

Contact The Law Offices of Robert M. Bell, P.A. Today to Get Help with a Visa for Your Fiancé(e)

The immigration attorneys at The Law Offices of Robert M. Bell, P.A. are experienced in helping clients obtain K-1 nonimmigrant visas for fiancé(e) in different types of situations. We can help determine which forms are required, what information and documents to include, and the deadlines that apply in your case. To get started on your K-1 nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e) today, contact our office at (954) 241-4209.