AILA Doc No. 15042903
Dated April 29, 2015
USCIS provided statistics on approval rate, denial rate, and RFE rate for Forms I-601 and Forms I-601A, for FY2010 through FY2015. Information was provided in response to an AILA FOIA.
• Since FY2010 thru January of FY2015, the average approval rate for I-601s is 79.6% and the average denial rate is 20.4%. The average RFE rate is 18.8%
• Since March of FY2013 thru January of FY2015, the average approval rate for I-601As is 70.2% and the average denial rate is 29.8%. The average RFE rate is 26.2%
• The total number of I-601 decisions issued since FY2010 (over the course of 5 years and 4 months) = 64,826. The total number of I-601As issued since the program started in FY2013
(over the course of 1 year and 11 months) = 62,973. So they pretty close in volume, even though the provisional waiver process only started in March 2013.
• The highest approval rate for I-601s was 82.4% in FY2013 (the year the provisional waiver program started). At the same time, I-601A approvals were at their lowest in FY2013 at 63.9%
— This was pre-“reason to believe” guidance so this makes sense.
• Total receipts for I-601As since March of FY2013 = 74,439.