Law Offices Of Robert M. Bell, P.A. | Immigration And Nationality Attorneys
Robert M. Bell, P.A.

An Immigration Law Firm You Can Trust

The attorneys of Law Offices of Robert M. Bell, P.A.
Law Offices Of Robert M. Bell | Immigration And Nationality Attorneys

Application For Advance Parole I-131

What do you do if you need to travel abroad while your application for residency or asylum is pending or you have TPS or DACA? To reenter the United States, you need to have an approved Application for Advance Parole (I-131).

At Robert M. Bell, P.A., our experienced legal team of immigration and nationality attorneys in South Florida will work to help you preserve your pending application while traveling outside of the U.S. Call us at 954-400-3156 for reliable help with your application for advance parole.

Who Is Eligible For Advance Parole?

You may file Form I-131 to get advance parole if you:

  • Are waiting for USCIS to approve your adjustment of status application
  • Have a pending or approved TPS application
  • Have a pending I-589 asylum application
  • Have an approved Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) application

Leaving the U.S. before USCIS issues advance parole may render you inadmissible and count as abandoning your permanent residence application.

It is best to file Form I-131 when you submit form I-485 (your adjustment of status form) just in case you need to travel outside the U.S. while USCIS is processing your permanent residence application.

How To File An Application For Advance Parole (I-131)

To apply for advance parole, you must:

  • Complete and file Form I-131 with any necessary supporting documentation, like IDs and any USCIS-issued approval notices or receipt notices
  • Complete biometrics
  • In some cases, provide evidence of the need to travel
  • Wait for USCIS to issue your advance parole document, which typically takes several months

Please note that even if USICS approves your Advance Parole application, a CBP (Customs and Borders Protection) officer has the discretion to deny entry upon return from travel abroad. Also, if USCIS denies your permanent residence application while you are abroad, it nullifies your advance parole document.

How An Experienced Immigration Attorney Can Help With Advance Parole

Any accidental deviation from USCIS procedures may lead to a denial of your application for advance parole, create serious problems when you need to reenter the U.S., and even jeopardize your status. The knowledgeable immigration law firm of Robert M. Bell, P.A. will:

  • Make sure that you are eligible to apply for advance parole
  • Ensure that your form is completed correctly, and all supporting documents are included
  • Make sure that the correct government filing fee is included and that the application is mailed to the correct address
  • Provide you with updates on your case

The Law Offices Of Robert M. Bell, P.A.: Trusted Legal Advice For Foreign Nationals

As a non-U.S. national, it is important to ensure that you have the appropriate documents before attempting to travel abroad. If you have a pending application for adjustment of status and you depart the country without advance parole, you may not be able to return and could be separated from your family in the U.S. for an extended period of time.

At Robert M. Bell, P.A., we help immigrants like you secure their future in the United States. For a consultation on an Application for Advance Parole (I-131) and other immigration-related matters in Florida, call us at 954-400-3156 in Hollywood, or fill out our online form.