Law Offices Of Robert M. Bell, P.A. | Immigration And Nationality Attorneys
Robert M. Bell, P.A.

An Immigration Law Firm You Can Trust

The attorneys of Law Offices of Robert M. Bell, P.A.
Law Offices Of Robert M. Bell | Immigration And Nationality Attorneys

Do You Need A Fiancé(e) Visa?

Are you a U.S. citizen trying to help your fiancé(e) enter the country? Are you planning to marry your engaged partner within 90 days of their arrival? At Robert M. Bell, P.A., we are trusted immigration and nationality attorneys who can help you with any family-based immigration issue. People from Hollywood and across South Florida have been turning to us for help for almost two decades. We provide them with dedication and care as they work through these issues.

What Is Form I-129F?

Form I-129F is officially known as the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). It’s just what it sounds like – a petition to allow a non-U.S.-citizen fiancé(e) to enter the United States legally so that they can marry their U.S. citizen fiancé(e). Filing form I-129F is the first step in obtaining a K-1 visa.

The K-1 visa application process can be complicated if you’re unfamiliar with it. You also must pay $535 for Form I-129F filing fees with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you have questions or need legal assistance, consult us at our reputable immigration law firm in Florida.

Who Can Apply For A Fiancé(e) Visa?

If you are a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a K-1 immigrant visa to help your fiancé(e) enter the country. According to the USCIS, you may obtain a K-1 visa for your soon-to-be spouse if you provide the following supporting evidence:

  • Proof that you intend to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of their arrival
  • Evidence that prior marriages have been terminated
  • Proof that you physically saw your soon-to-be spouse in person no more than two years ago

We cannot stress how important the 90-days-after-marriage requirement is to your petition. It can lead to serious consequences if you do not get married as you intended within that time period.

How To File Form I-129F In Florida

Completing and submitting Form I-129F is one step on the road toward marrying the love of your life and living in the United States. You’ll need to follow all the form’s instructions to avoid complications. Incorrectly filing Form I-129F could severely delay the process of the fiancé(e) visa.

K-1 visa applicants cannot petition for a fiancé(e) visa (I-129F) online. You must physically submit the completed form and all relevant documents to a specified USCIS address. To learn all the details about filing Form I-129F, contact us at Robert M. Bell, P.A.

Various supporting documents must accompany your Form I-129F in the mail. Relevant documents you may attach include:

  • Copy of a birth certificate
  • A recent full-color photograph
  • Proof of a legal name change

At Robert M. Bell, P.A., we can help you assemble and submit the necessary documents and file Form I-129F with USCIS. The entire process for attaining a fiancé(e) visa can take considerable time, and there are no guarantees. The average length of time can be between 10 and 16 months.

Need Help Filing Form I-129F? Contact A Florida Immigration Attorney.

At Robert M. Bell, P.A., we offer the resources and knowledge you need to help your fiancé(e) enter the United States legally. If you need assistance with any phase of the fiancé(e) visa (I-129F) application process, don’t hesitate to reach out. Call 954-400-3156 to schedule a free consultation with us, Florida immigration lawyers, today.